Vision and Values
'At Ashby School, anything is possible.
We provide opportunities for all students to develop their knowledge, skills and character so they can reach their potential.
We are passionate that every student is empowered for the future, making anything possible.'
We provide opportunities so that our students can:
• Experience that anything is possible
• Believe anything is possible
• Embody anything is possible
We do that by:
• Providing a curriculum that makes students want to attend, engage and achieve, being the best they can be;
• Recruiting and retaining skilled professionals who enthuse and inspire. We have expert teachers who value continual development, work collaboratively as a team and are prepared to go the extra mile;
• Removing barriers for learning or social injustice, by creating an inclusive approach based on compassion, knowledge and the understanding of needs and context;
• Embedding character development by showing respect, accepting responsibility and building resilience, as well as creating a school community that is based on kindness and empathy;
• Promoting a spirit that is courageous and celebrates positive behaviours and creative innovation - in school, in the community and for life.
Respect, resilience, responsibility
All members of the school community are encouraged to uphold and exemplify our belief in the importance of Showing Respect, Accepting Responsibility and Showing Resilience, known as 'the three Rs'.