16 - 19 Tuition Fund
Ashby School has received funding from the Department for Education for the ’16-19 tuition fund’ for use in the academic year 2022/23. This has been provided to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from Covid-19.
All students must be on a 16 to 19 study programme. The funding should be used to support the tuition activity above and beyond what is already set out in the planned educational activity of the programme. The following students are eligible for tuition via the 16 to 19 tuition fund:
• students that have not achieved a grade 6 in GCSE English and/or GCSE maths at age 16 and would need catch-up support
• students from the 27% most economically deprived areas of the country (based on the index of multiple deprivation) and would need catch-up support
• students that are economically disadvantaged who meet the 16 to 19 Bursary Fund eligibility criteria and would need catch-up support to reach their full potential will be eligible, even where their prior attainment is high
• students aged 19 to 24 who have an education, health, and care (EHC) plan are also eligible for support, subject to meeting the eligibility for the fund
The full guidance can be found here:
Examples of support we can offer:
• GCSE exam preparation for re sit English and Maths
• Bespoke subject support/catch up including study skills
• Pastoral support where needs are identified
Support will be offered following analysis of the individual needs of students who meet the criteria above.
Ashby School will monitor the effectiveness of the programme put in place.